Preferred Doula Program
Information for Doulas who desire to participate in the Preferred Doula Program
What You Need to Know
- Certified with recognized doula organization
- Attended 10 births as a doula, with at least 3 first time births
- Attended a Spinning Babies Workshop in past 5 years
- Agreed fee of $500, to include 1 prenatal appointment, the labor/birth, 1 postpartum appointment. Additional fees for photos, placenta encapsulation, etc, is to be worked out between you and the client directly.
- 1-2 paragraph bio of doula/services and fees/specialties
How it works:
- At client’s consultation/initial appointment, the “Preferred Doula Program” will be talked about. I will give a reminder of the program at 28 weeks.
- Client will be given a list of preferred doulas, and encouraged to contact and interview the doulas they are interested in using. The contract is between doula and couple.
- Once they have selected their doula and paid their $250 portion to the doula, SYB will paid the remaining $250.
- After the birth, the doula may schedule the postpartum at one of the midwife’s appointments, or separately.
Contact Supporting Your Birth if you are a Doula and are interested in the Preferred Doula Program.
Professional Referral Program
This program is available to any birth work profession. The client simply needs to tell Supporting Your Birth of the referral for confirmation and you will be compensated.
How it works:
- If you have a contract with a client who switches or chooses me as their care provider, you will receive $100 as a way of saying “thank you!” for your referral. This will be paid once the client has paid SYB in full.
- This is offered to anyone who signs a contract with SYB in 2018.
- This referral bonus can be kept by you or passed on to your client.
- If bonuses accrue more than the allotted amount for tax purposes, you will be issued a 1099 and considered a contracted employee.
- Any birth professional working in a business capacity is eligible. Sorry, parents and friends do not qualify.
Please contact me for any questions or inquiries.