Certified Professional Midwife (CPM), licensed in the state of Arizona (LM) to attend homebirths
Birth is a very life changing event. In Arizona, women have choices about how and where they choose to give birth.
With Supporting Your Birth, YOU are in control! The midwife is simply here to educate and empower you to make choices you feel are right for your situation. True informed consent only happens when there is the also the choice of informed refusal. In labor, Supporting Your Birth, LLC (“SYB”) has a plan to be carried out in the event of urgent and non-urgent emergencies. This includes information of the closest fire department/EMS location and closest hospital to transfer to. SYB also keeps current in CPR for both adults and newborns, and carries oxygen, anti-hemorrhagic medications, and monitoring equipment to every birth. It’s important to note that because interventions are rarely used in labor while at home, there are little to no iatrogenic (doctor caused) risks. Generally, with fewer interventions, there are fewer complications.
*Informed consent and refusal: People that choose homebirth often desire to have more information and decision making power in the journey. When working with SYB, all decisions are made mutually with your midwife, after giving you information about the risk and benefits, and answering any questions you may have. Since at SYB, you are considered an equal to your midwife (and respected as the expert on your own body!), there is not the intimidation many can feel when talking with doctors. This is especially important in labor, when you don’t want to have to advocate for your right for information and/or the ability to refuse a procedure.
Home Birth Package
- Home Birth Package
- Full Spectrum Midwifery Care
- Discounts Available for Cash Pay
- Special Circumstances Discounts
- Home Visits
- Prenatal Care
- Waterbirth Option
- Labor and Delivery
- Postnatal Care
Some Reasons Women Choose Home Birth
- one-to-one care
- increased family involvement
- extensive appointments
- close communication with your midwife
- books and video to help you prepare
- ability to choose your attendants
- comfort of your own food, clothes, bed!
- option of birthing in water
- relaxation & support in the postpartum period
- lower risk of illness (vs bacteria in hospitals)
- network of like-minded professionals
- often less expensive than hospital births
Risk is constantly evaluated to ensure only healthy, low-risk women birth at home. This is addressed by discussing things like nutrition, exercise, and stress management at each prenatal appointment, as well as offering options such as ultrasounds and blood work in the prenatal period. Prenatal appointments happen in the comfort of your own home!
Most of all, Supporting Your Birth has a deep desire to help you have a safe, satisfying birth experience. Birth happens easiest and with fewer complications when you are cared for body, mind and soul; when you can celebrate this time in your life as a normal, exciting event to look forward to; when you feel secure and safe. Although homebirth may not be for everyone, it is a great option for those seeking professional, respectful, and loving care in the privacy of their own home. Contact me to get more information about your birthing options!
- Neonatal Resuscitation Certified (American Academy of Pediatrics)
- American Heart Association BLS (Basic Life Support) Certification
- CPM (Certified Professional Midwife)
- Licensed Midwife in Arizona
- Acupressure for labor and postpartum
- Spinning Babies (for optimal fetal positioning) trained